Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Voicebox

I went back to Open Mic yesterday. The event has moved from the small Tropicana Cafe to Clancy's Fish Pub in Freo, and the crowd was big and I was terrified, but it was wonderful.
The Blackcurrants were there, along with CC and his tall mate Crispin (who I hadn't met until that night). Two of the poems were less than a week old, and by the time I got up on the stage I felt alright. Memories of the Poetry caff in London and the support and wonder I experienced there flashed through me, and I did well. I'm not yet at the stage of performing the poems without paper, but I will get there. And the audience's reaction was just gorgeous. From the huge cello playing poet Kevin Gillam, to Kate Wilson, people came up to me as they had at Pirra Homestead and said thank you. It's a beautiful thing.
And CC was right in his text today - I was so full of joy and energy, it was a wonderful night.

Otherwise, life is full and rapidly changing.

I've moved in with the Blackcurrants to a townhouse just down the street from where I was before. I have a big carpeted bedroom and a balcony, and a beautiful huge kitchen, and a loft where my easel waits, paitently for my inspiration and my bravery to climb the ladder.

Last week I told M on the phone (on the fucking phone, what am I? Hugh?) that it just wasn't working and wouldn't work and I am broken again. But the less I think about it I guess the better I am. And Nickiy was right when she said going back would simply be the path of least resistance. I have to remind myself why I left in the first place. I can't be burdened with guilt and regret forever. I miss him, and part of my hurt is that he's hurting. But this too shall pass. I have said that before, haven't I?

But the best thing of all now is the job. My new job. Only a two month opportunity for now, but if I kick arse then hopefully I can land it for the life of the project.

Change Management. Imagine that for Banana! The project team I am working with is wonderful, young and energetic. Sarah J and I have become friends very quickly, and I love working in a team where I am treated like an equal.
My brain is exhausted for all the new things to be learned, but also the happiest it has been in ten years.

Perth sighs under the cracking weight of a winter chill and I climb steadily toward better days.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for one more greet post. Keep rocking.

8:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home