Thursday, May 26, 2011

Alone

Today's "All men are liars" blog post is about secrets. An anonymous comment posting seems to be a good way of revealing things about ourselves we don't even like to say to ourselves.
And often, the comment that comes up (and I'm only up to page 7 of the comments) is that I am terrified of being alone. Why is this the case? Why do so many of us find it hard to bridge the chasm between loneliness and solitude.

I'm alone because I want to be, as opposed to I am alone because I have no choice.

"If you believe the lies you tell yourself, they will eventually kill you"


Perth airport, elements of surprise, meetings missed and taxi followed. In a wide western night, (to quote Winterson) "Who are you for whom time has no meaning?"
...
Talk of a new chief for the IMF and dear Mr Keating's name came up as a remote possibility. Wouldn't that be wonderful?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home