Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Tired days, dozing

Here it is, another sleepy day- may have something to do with the wine I drank last night. Well worth it though. N and I bunked off work at 5.30 and went to a wine bar in Hanover Square for a good old-fashioned bitch about work. Then I dragged her to Liverpool st where I have my waxing done and afterwards (walking like John Wayne) we went home to cook dinner and drink more wine. G provided some fantastic dessert and it was a gorgeous relaxed evening- we put make-up on each other. Yes, even G. And didn't he look handsome wearing my wow-green liquid liner...bless.

Today I am feeling vague, shivery and disillusioned with myself because I am having so much trouble writing this damn essay that is already two weeks late. I'm having trouble getting started and writing it at work is proving an impossible task. Tonight tonight...

Onto happier things, I have my tickets to both Rome, to see my beautiful Bud and to San Francisco where I get a double helping of soul food in Emily and Sarah (but geez what will I wear to the wedding?)

London is not helping today. It's bitterly cold and gray and miserable and I can't wait to be under vast blue skies. Although I read a story today of two men who died of thirst in the Great Sandy Desert in WA. But we'll be careful.

I suppose I'd better turn my thoughts to a discussion of how Aboriginal people construct 'whiteness'...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home