Wednesday, October 14, 2009

tonight i lack weber guilt

i love the wide blue expectation of the morning, the curve of the bridge like a salute and a sigh. Like a strong industrial longing- the gap-toothed maw of a city, and the absent rain clouds missing time.

i love the stain of flowers as I crunch them in my hand - I walk with other worlds between my ears and the palpable yes-ness of my city is on my fingers.
The white roses escaping from the suburban fence, like forgiveness stretching into the gritty street. i love the metronomic sureness, as they tap time with the wind.

i love the long blue ocean, where our encumbered lives are sandblasted and reduced to the insignificance that eventually brings comfort. Waves curl in silent perfection, and it makes me happy that here we are, brittle, sometimes plastic, often fake, yet the waves curl in silent perfection then splinter perfectly, against the rocks. I am so much smaller than all of this.

i love the colour of the sky two heartbeats after sunset. It has settled like a blanket now, and the bird outside the window cocks its head unsure of the strange pair of eyes looking back at him.

it has been one of those i really love days

...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your writing...cleo70

6:39 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home