Saturday, October 03, 2009

Realisation

Kym's birthday celebrations last night. . .

I spent the day trying to work, after B and I had raced through Whitfords and done everything we set out to do- including my purchase of a frock - though not from Good Sammy's...
The site supplying the latest cuttings wouldn't refresh, wouldn't load, wouldn't search, big fat disaster so I continued on with other clients, not paying all that much attention to time.

When I spoke to Mum I glanced at the time and shrieked. Then I started getting ready.
It was all a bit of a rush job, and I've endured a week of bad face days and there's still no sign of improvement but no matter, I was so excited to be going.
The taxi whizzed me through a delectable Perth sunset, the whole sky looked liquid yet fiery.

Kym and Karen were still getting ready in the hotel, bottle of Bollinger open but we were soon seated at Sirocco, waiting for our steak. Through the dinner Kym received various texts from people who weren't going to come after all, so it was just our merry group of three.

And then the Minq bar. Oh dear Lord. I wasn't the oldest there, because Kym and Karen are both older but.... -sigh-.... Gin Palace it wasn't.
Okay so the bartender resembled Patrick Swayze a smidge, but he was in love with himself, and didn't know what Pisco was, so I settled for whisky sours which were decent but not fantastic.
What was fantastic was the chance to talk to women about womeny things. It felt like I hadn't done that in ages!

There was no dancing, and around midnight we went back to the room, after the ladies tried to convince me to go and gamble and failed. We lay around eating room service chips and toasted sandwiches and then I reluctantly called a taxi to take me home.
"Did you say Oxford Street?"
"No, it's off Cambridge Street. Between Cambridge and Railway Parade."
"Oh, okay, I know it."
No he bloody didn't.

"This is Oxford Close, is that right?" er, no and you can't turn right here so you have to turn left and make another circle around the block so well done on scoring another dollar on the fee.

I slept but then woke at 6 again, and am thinking a lunchtimeish walk around Reabold Hill Park will be just the ticket to calm my frazzles.
So I can tick the Burswood off as places I don't need to go again - and to be honest it doesn't upset me so much.

to the sound of the parrot argument outside now- back to work!

...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home