Thursday, October 01, 2009

Cardamom

Today was nudging perfection. If I don't concentrate so hard on the bad stuff, I'm quite good at seeing all the beautiful things.
Today started at five, getting coffee and breakfast for B who started work at 6. I got so happily carried away with getting ready and listening to Fran Kelly, that I too was in work at half seven. I love clean mornings like this.
I had a comfortingly hilarious conversation with Timea - so hilarious in fact that I had to tell her I'd call her back, because I was wretched with giggles and couldn't talk. Also thought taking the raucousness out of the office might be appreciated.
She is struggling with the distance bug, with the lack of communication from her Gringo, and I know exactly how she feels. Except credit to her, she's handling it far better than I ever did.

Then I stayed in the sun, with Durrell and listened to the birds. (Incidentally, Timea said "It sounds like you're in paradise, surrounded by that birdsong")

And on the walk home I really listened to Hallelujah- the original, by Leonard Cohen, and have finally decided that it is by far the superior version, no matter the soul wrenching voice of Jeff Buckley.

Ooh, and although Castle is a crappety crap show, it does star Nathan Fillion so I have my shallow pleasures in watching, but the last episode- the dead chick had a message written on her face. And what does he notice about it? The spelling mistake! The murderer had written YOUR instead of YOU'RE. Castle said: "He has also murdered the English language". Pathetic I know, but public recognition of this mistake made me feel better.

After work I drove to Floreat Forum to buy baking things (it's just a Thursday feeling)...and then I remembered the bead shop and the bead shop man. And I went back. And I spent an hour creating something I'm really quite bloody proud of. It's not entirely comparable, but being there on a Thursday night sent echoes of Robert's studio back in Geelong through my head.

And now, the house is full of the smell of roast veg with crumbled blue cheese and biscuits that are seemingly quite an adventure. B is at a party with school mates and I have the whole freezing apartment to myself!

I've pushed it away for long enough- to work to work.

Smiling into the evening.

...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home