Sunday, February 20, 2011

We arrived at the Spiegeltent late and tickets had sold out to Piff the Magic Dragon, so we walked into Northbridge to get some dinner. And dinner we did!
A wonderful Italian place with tightly arranged little tables and the windows open wide onto the warm night.
M bought me flowers and a munted little white bear we've called Muki and to finish the meal I had a glass of Grand Marnier and a heavenly panna cotta.
Friday was a full moon, and there was no wind and there were stars out. So when we got home, M parked the ute at the bottom of the backyard where the ground is flat and while I pottered about inside the house he made up the most luxurious bed on the back. I have never slept under the open sky before and it was the most wonderful romantic thing I've ever done. V Day be damned!
Saturday was consumed mostly with house-worky things until we went to City Beach to meet Betty and Pete etc (late as always) for a barbecue. While we waited for them we took the boogie boards into the water and much screaming and squealing ensued. Mostly it was M helping me keep my balance and pushing me forward onto the waves. Great fun.

And yesterday was abandonment. M left to drive back to Newman early, so after an extra 3 hours of sleep I spent a day of Anna-time. Went to a museum, bought cheese and French bread and read in the park, watched a movie and the waited, tetchy with nerves to hear that M had arrived safely having driven over roads that were legally closed to traffic due to flooding.
The phone call came at 10 and afterwards I fell into bed, heavy with relief.

A new week, resplendent with hope!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home