Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Light and Dark

Here is a beautiful marbled morning, strung out of the night, and I woke way too early, but rested. And happy.
I went for a run around the lake this morning without my sidekick, but it was at a satisfying clip and I'm determined to work back up to my 10km fitness quickly, so I can start preparing for bigger and better things next year.

The weekend was a magical adventure in the south west, and although my dear Frenchman's winery was not open, I subjected myself to lunch at Vasse Felix and utterly fell in love. To the left can be seen my 'lamb shoulder' smile.

Christmas looms and I have been busily painting cards (some look good, some look like a four year old has been left alone without supervision) and thinking constantly about menus. And what should I soak the fruit in if I can't afford Drambuie?

I received a beautiful surprise in the post from Hungary yesterday. My dear old copy of the Alexandria Quartet, littered with postcards from home and a wonderful article about Bogdan Zsolt (shiver, sigh) - surely the most talented Hungarian actor of our generation- forgive me Alfoldi Robert. Even Norma received a little gift in the treasure trove and it was wonderful to speak with Mum late in the evening.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home