Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Elusive sleep. 3am.
I snuggle down under the doona, head propped between two pillows, I open the book by Tasma Walton that I bought in the familiar confines of BB in Geelong.
I finished it all in one reading, putting it down sometime around 5.30 and crushing my head into sleep. Is it any wonder that I didn't wake rested at 7.30 when M called?'

Brooding weather outside, pushing and calling, and I'm not sure which voices I fully understand. The three yearly itch. It dawned on me that I have been in Perth roughly three years now, okay a bit more and the scratchings from the east coast are growing increasingly difficult to ignore.

Rain, wind and tailored winter clothes. Hats askance and my chin buried in a well twirled scarf. I long for community. And when I run, imagine sun splashes on the floorboards of my dream home, yet when I look around I struggle with other features...somehow I still haven't recognised myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home