Friday, July 11, 2014

in the moonlight - no moonshine :)

I behaved today. Social club, cheap beer, early leaving. Felt the twinges of self-burning wallowing woe is me feelings, but I curbed them. I borrowed a volume of Luke Davies' poetry, hopeful for inspiration.
But then I arrived at the Blackcurrant residence, and hopped on the wind trainer, because why not, right? And Nickiy and Matt's normality enveloped me, and I was more than fine.

After a very long (slow service) and expensive dinner at Chapels, we parted ways and I sauntered home. The night is not as bitey as the last few have been, my coat was comfort around my shoulders and in the blazing moonlight, with Twisted Sister in my ears I felt momentarily transported to those long nights in Vac. Danube and soft dark sky and music and bad booze. It was a good growing up. The rasp of lazily burning cigarettes and the nonsense we would talk. There was such comfort there.

Now I'm home, back with Eddie, feeling thoughtful, grateful, and quietly hopeful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home