Sunday, November 06, 2005

Memorial Hill

It has been a strange and at times difficult week end. I was exhausted on Friday and went straight to bed, listening to Tea and Sympathy, Bernard Fanning's voice soothing the anger from behind my eyes.
B came home and we had a chat but I find myself just pissed off all the time, pissed off that I've paid for Peter's freedom with my own. I tried to reason with him through her but I just heard him shouting so I buried my head under the pillow. To hell with it.

I woke early on Saturday and managed to get in some reading before we headed off, with aJay to Cottesloe, where we lay in the wind blown sand until lunchtime and then went to Little Creatures for lunch. Oh my god their food is AMAZING!! Their pale ale also helped put me in a good mood and after aJay left, B and I went to Target, bought some things of little consequence and at home I studied some more.

On Sunday morning at about 5.30, she snored again, so I decamped to the sofa, but couldn't sleep so decided to get up and start my day. After breakfast I struck out into the beautiful sunny morning and walked up Solomon St to Monument Hill. My solace. I know Shitdog lives somewhere on Solomon Street...am I ever going to see that white Pajero?

I walked barefoot, I walked to Coles (which was shut) and home, and studied out in the sun all the day long, taking two more walks up to Monument Hill, once with wonderful Rob and once with B.

I finished one essay and went for a run. Twenty four minutes - I was so happy. Yesterday I really felt like I had regained my equilibrium.

Four sleeps and G arrives....waaaaaaahhhhhhhh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home