Friday, April 29, 2005

Hot and Cold

My mum and my best friend met up last night. Bud had asked meekly if mum would want to see her, and I had thought with some trepidation about them meeting up, after all this time and especially given the nature of Bud's parents' feelings towards me and my mum. And I was envious- there in my sad city the two of them.
I spoke to mum today and she said it had been wonderful. Past midnight wonderful and she said in everything they spoke about, I was sewn into the threads. They're going to the theatre on Thursday. I am green.

Last night was Vagina Monologues, seeing it again reminded me of that night with Cathy and Sarah and they had been horrified.
Afterwards we went to that little mafioso Italian place behind Leicester square where Dale and I would go, trampling through the damp city, skint, with just enough to buy a take-away pizza and walk with it, in the wet night, stopping in glistening doorways to take bite after hot bite. Everything felt a little sharper then.

And Dale- he called me today, just to tell me that he has found a pub where every Friday they serve free champagne. Come and let's do them out of business. It's nice that he remembers to call me for frivolities.

I met my first deadline today, now I'm just working on Nissan and trying to keep my eyes open. My heart is tired and I can't wait for this weekend.
And look at all that London sunshine! Everywhere that summer is...

"Who invented the human heart, I wonder? Tell me, and then show me the place where he was hanged"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home