Monday, May 16, 2005

long time no post

Well, the last two weekends have been blissful and busy and I am still tired to the point of tears. But happy.
The Lhasa concert last Monday was inspiring - full of dust and sun. On Tuesday I went for dinner with G and his uni buddies which was daunting but not too bad. They frighten me a little, although they utterly don't mean to, with their degrees and proper grown-up lives. But they are really lovely I'm just a tad wussy.
We also saw another Kevin Spacey play last week, called the Philadelphia Story- he is fantastic. And the Old Vic is such a beautiful venue.

This weekend was more work on Saturday morning and then free and relaxing Highgate stuff in the afternoon. I bought a dress for Sarah's wedding at the Cancer Research shop in the High Street for a tenner!

In the evening we went to the Tate Britain for the Turner Whistler Monet exhibition and it reminded me of how much I love etchings and lithographs. I didn't even know of Whistler before but he is wonderful! Wonderful!

We had a big smelly kebab afterwards from Archway ("probably the best kebabs in the UK) Kebabs and cinzano, and then fell into bed.

Sunday started with muffin baking (with distractions) and then I hoofed it to Lydia's house where Scotti was already stretched out on the grass in the backyard, sunning himself and his hangover. We had brunch in the glorious sun and drank cava and had great and funny chats and I found it terribly hard to leave them.
I met Gareth at Queen's Park and we went to Nina's house to snack and watch films. I was, of course, a little worried, but the bubbly helped and so has the fact that my self esteem has more or less righted itself and i'm no longer mad-crazy-jealous. Silly banana.

We watched Trust (Hal Hartley) and Down By Law (Jim Jarmusch). Both good, entertaining... sleepy snuggly lovely night, though afterwards I didn't sleep much, so today is starting to catch up with me.

Tonight, cooking, roadtesting the slow cooker and early in bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home