Monday, October 02, 2006

Once upon a time in Fougeres

Hard to put into words what the last couple of days have contained. It may be possible to bottle it, but harder to put into words.
Moving back to London; going to Nikki and Gilles' wedding in Fougeres, getting royally royally shitfaced and finally worming my way back into the UK for a little while.

The wedding..

Nikki was the most beautiful bride I have seen. Simple and ravishing, and seeing her with Gilles confirmed that what I have with G is not what it could be, or should be. It was a happysad experience. The reading I was given to do in church rang so true in my heart, that being in love is easy, it is the continuing growing together that is both 'an art and a fortunate accident'.

As moving as the service was, so boozy was the reception. CHampagnewhitewineredwinebeermorechampagne and then gin and orange juice.
Dancing, and visiting orange and white cats, and dark metal at 5 in the morning with Nikki's little brother and too much boozy woozy- Sunday was a chore. Just being alive and breathing took effort. But I wasn't the only one. Apparently Nikki's mum was chundering all morning.

It was amazing to see not only Nikki and Gilles, but also all the guys from London (Boris, James and Ericka- and their son Rex) and of course Odette. She hasn't changed at all, still as feisty and tough and lovable as she was in 2002.

I am tired today, and worried about various official things I need to work out, but I'm sure everything will be sorted by the end of the week and then I can kick back and work my tits off to make heaps of money.

I had a wonderful email from Balint today, he liked the writing that I sent him about the protest.

Budapest feels so close, and I really am feeling the pull of it. Not long till I go back. And the other scary thing was today on the tube, I looked around myself and thought, this place feels more like home than I care to admit. Of course nothing like Australia or Hungary, but comfortable and familiar.
Apart from the delays on the Northern Line- some things never change...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey spana, like the wedding blog....it's sweet! must be time for the next instalment?

12:01 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home