Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Boys

I love them. Not in the sexual sense, although that too. But tonight, Szabi came over to our new little pad and he and Balint talked about boy things- like superglue and fuses and spirit levels, and although it mostly sounded thoroughly greek to me, I loved that they understood. That they do talk about tools and beer and shit. That's what boys should talk about.
And, as we were hanging my reproduction Degas in the bathroom, Szabi asked me if I had drawn it. And I didn't mind.
What cleanliness of mind there is is so fucking precious. And I don't mean ignorance.

We have decided not to die is a short film which is the shittest piece of cinematography I have ever seen. It was like an overlong, post-postmodern, neo bullshit calvin klein ad with anorexic models. Eat some fucking cake!

But the short film was followed by Look Both Ways as the last film of the Aussie film festival on Sunday, and while I would kick W McInnes out of bed if he shat, it was still bloody great to see that movie again.

...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home