Monday, November 10, 2008

Dust from a distant sun...

Why it has to be quite this hard I haven't figured out yet...

The move I've been waiting for for the better part of two years is palpably close (the need to pack is in fact breathing down my neck with rancid urgency) and now I look at all the beautiful things/people around me and think how it will hurt to leave them. But it's always the way.
Remember how it felt to leave Fremantle the first time. The deluge of tears on Rob's shoulder.

These are small things, and are survived easily.

On top of all the worry about packing and cleaning and seeing everyone and not forgetting anything, I wonder (when I should be sleeping) how it will all be. How B will react to my home. How much like home it will still feel?

The weekend was a mess. Friday night we went out to dinner which was fantastic after a really hard week, but I had too much to drink and so did B. He brought up a topic i wasn't happy with (a mate of his that had hurt me, and the grudge that i still hold) and then I just got my usual awful drunk self. Saturday dawned milky grey and unhappy.
But we sorted it out like we always do- thankfully neither of us has a problem with apologising.

I had my hands and feet done, so I am all ready for beach weather :)

Then in the evening we met up with Szabi and Livia and later with a bunch of others which was lovely, but then we argued again because B kept me staying at the bar until 3am, where I had said I'd like to go home around midnight. I hate the 'oh please stay with me' line, when we really didn't have much to do with each other that night. And since then, we're fine, but we're both sleeping badly and I think it's taking extra efforts not to snarl. I know it's just the pre-leaving pressure, but the day spent with Jutka was a blessing yesterday.

So, now to the fridge. That smells .... I can't find the words.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home