Sunday, April 27, 2008

a walk in the woods...

it's a quiet Sunday.

this morning i woke around 8, tiptoed out to the kitchen, put the coffee on and began a poem. It's for the guardian website poetry workshop...even if I don't send it in, I want to have a go at crafting them again. it has been too long. Also, I owe B about 12 'first thursday of the month' poems :)

then i finished a pastel/pencil drawing of some drooping wattle flowers, and then I even did a bit of work. yesterday's trip out to visegrad and then my phenomenal sleep afterwards seems to have given me a load of energy.

hooray it's asparagus season - so guess what we had for lunch? and what will be for dinner? and to accompany the lamb tomorrow? kathy brought kilos and kilos of the stuff up from csongrad, and gave me a bagful when i had dinner with her and jutka on friday night.

It was quite an amazing evening really- it reminded me of those times back in 99 and 2000 when life appeared a lot more carefree and I was feeling my way along the path of living in budapest... It's hard to put into words how important those people are, that don't change.
That are the handholds you come back to, time and again, and they don't say 'why haven't you called?', they're just there and they're just the same.

Right, it's time to put my new IKEA shelf together, and then a run, and then tonight another dance performance. MUPA with Szabi and Livia and B, a performance by Szeged ballet...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home