Sunday, September 07, 2008

End of summer

This was the last wasteful weekend hopefully for a while.

I worked for most of Saturday after Sam left, and then Judit picked us up and we drove to Veroce. Winding along the Danube, driving through Vac was packed full of memories, all in a good way. The party was well underway when we got there, but when I was handed a glass brimming with palinka I was grateful for the dark, because I managed to surreptitiously put it back on the table, hiding behind the bread basket.
I drank wine with soda, thinking it would keep me sane a little longer, and we cooked szalonna and sausages over the fire, entertained by this bloke who was so drunk he threw first his socks and then his t-shirt into the flames.
I piked at 2am, feeling the imminent tip over into bitchy drunkenness, and read Zelda in bed till the dawn.

Yesterday felt like a wasted day, though we attempted to go for a swim. Failed because of the crowd. Then spent a really lovely evening with mum and Pista, who is increasingly well.

Now: coffee, work, and then to market, to market...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home