Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Icy feet

warm heart, according to Harry. :-)

Man, this cold has moved into my marrow. But here is something warming, that CS said about a crazy acquaintance of ours:

crazier than a racoon on crystal meth in a switched on microwave.

anyway, it put a smile on my face. In fact, several things and encounters have put a smile on my face today, but increasingly I feel like even having two jobs, not three, is too much.
Today started at 5.20, in the creaking cold morning when even the birds were still silent. I dragged gym clothes on and drove to Subi where that wonderful class woke me up. Why the hell they chose Boys of Summer (awful mix of) for the squat track i don't know, but it bloody works.

I felt sluggish at work, and bizarrely I had butterflies. The kind of excited and anticipating 'something' butterflies, but there's nothing going on. No alarms and no surprises in fact.
The sick with love feeling is well and truly gone and i am pondering what Betty asks me regularly: how much compromise is too much?

I had lunch with CS today in Perth - and the best part about it was the laughing. It's another thing that's missing from home. So much seriousness and straight faces and negativity. Sometimes I just want to play. Not to say I can't do that on my own.

But the walk home was beautiful - the storm clouds were wheezing away, and they were back-lit with magnificent clear sunshine.
And further beauty is to be had tonight - after a scalding shower I am taking Lawrence Durrell to bed with me.

"better than a kick in the head, right?"
"it depends who kicks you"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home