Monday, December 07, 2009

Don't laugh

but i think today's flat mood was caused by story in the Age about Gary Ablett Jnr considering a move to the Gold Coast's new AFL team. Geelong can offer him 8000000, maybe a million at a push (this is a year)... while the Gold Coast could offer him 1.4 million maybe more... I fail to see how that extra few hundred thousand would make a major difference - enough to leave team and fans? Maybe I'm missing something. But it reminded me of the disgusting amounts thrown around in the English premier league and how outraged Johnny Rotten was when asked about how he felt about Arsenal in their current guise (no English players at one time).
Anyway, it's not as though this is a major thing in the greater scheme of things, just further proof that we're becoming ever more materialistic, selfish and self-absorbed.

Yesterday in the mellow sunset, I saw a family - mum dad and child - on a beach that was almost deserted. Their silhouettes were beautiful against the raucous sky.

Yesterday I also talked to Tusi-nagyi - about food, about B and about the situation at home. She is a remarkable woman. I spoke my customary two sentences to granddad before both our voices cracked, and also a word or two to Laci, who just happened to arrive at that moment. The warmth is still there in his voice, but it has become hollow. It's very very sad. Reminds me that what I'm going through is a walk in the bloody park.

Sitting having my lunchinthesun today, I thought about the long hours of the weekend and I think I might take the tent for a practice run, out to some park or field somewhere, to get some silence, and also to make sure I know how to put it up :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home