Thursday, April 29, 2010

Macska

Will our two fridges fit side by side?

And where will we store my bed?

And will you let me get rid of that hideous leopard print linen once and for all?

And what if my cane furniture gets wet in the rain?
(Don't worry, I have tarps we can cover it with)

I will miss the flame trees that line my street, and the view of my city from the balcony.
I watched both sunrise and sunset today (and I wonder why I am tired) and really believe that the warm light on the trunks of proud gums will be as beautiful in the suburbs as it is in Leederville.

I listened to the buzzing of the universe around me tonight, when I had - oh I don't know - about three minutes to myself and felt the soft round shapes of hope under my hands.
Work continues to surprise and humble me.

The reasons why this is home continue to pile up.

And for all the embarrassingness of my dear Dad, I have made better friends with Margo, and I'm glad they have been here, and now they understand too.

I love my Dad because he'll eat five day old chocolate cake, just because I made it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home