Monday, May 10, 2010

Suburban life

I had my first real suburban morning today.

In my dream I was shoveling chocolate cake into my mouth when my alarm rudely sounded. The room was still dark and the air was biting cold. Mat insisted on making coffee so I had time to traipse around getting ready.

As dawn cracked the sky, we were already out of the house, in the car and on the way to the station. Being driven to the station, catching the train - how delightfully pedestrian!
I burst into the clean Perth morning and shivered happily in Karen Millen (oh those were the days). After a coffee that was more mirth than caffeine, I stopped at the Information office to get a new smartrider card.
The service I received reiterated why I'm in love with this place. So now I have another smartrider, and another 20 bucks or so, floating back onto it, sometime soon.

I love my job. I am having small success after small success and JA - the lady from the business for whom I do the most work - said I've been doing better than expected (in a nice way, of course).

Last night after a mad tidy up at home, and a quick bout of Metrica, some of the Tuesday ladies and I went to Zumba. I found it more difficult, my hips felt more concrete laced than ever, but by the end of it I was buzzing. Evi drove me to the station, and I called Mat and he picked me up in Greenwood.

At home the smell of fresh soup greeted me, and a warm kitchen. And we sat at opposite ends of the table and worked. He on his ultrasound studies, me on a new short story. This quiet life is what I've always wanted. And if not always then for the last three years definitely. I don't feel like I'm constantly looking over my shoulder now, fearful of time.

I am so full of the happies today I think they're leaking out my ears...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home