Saturday, July 31, 2010

I was just saying how I've been far too happy to think about blogging, to write tortured posts about how beautiful life would be if only... I am living the if only, and I'm not about to launch into a post of dreams and wishes. I've got them all around me and the world really is beautiful.
But god Hungarians have a knack for fucking it up. We had a potentially beautiful dinner last night with B & P, Pali and a friend of theirs J whose wife recently passed away. So perhaps you'd expect some subdued mood, sadness etc. But the entire evening consisted of nothing but complaining and drinking as if it were rapidly going out of fashion. Cleaning up this morning I was appalled at the number of bottles and cigarette butts.
Mat and I made a great meal - he made Bambi soup, I made the starter dips and platters, bambi burgers and the chocolate/caramel/almond slice for afters. But it wasn't a good night. I'm just over the attitude. It's not constructive, inspiring... I actually don't get anything out of it.

Today I've got a bit of work, Mat is going out this afternoon, but otherwise it's just us, and sunshine and the luxury of being together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home