Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A long long-weekend.

I should have been more careful. This weekend was a long period of waiting for the working week to start again. I can't get comfortable in this new setting. I constantly feel like I'm on holiday, or extended punishment-leave and soon M and I will be together again. But i know we're not. Sleep has been an elusive bastard, hard to catch and even harder to sustain.

But there were glimmers of beauty this weekend as well. Saturday was a particularly good day - I relished all the new things my neighbourhood offers. Continental butcheries ahoy- and cafes and bookshops and other purveyors of danger.

I spent Sunday with Kym, watching The King's Speech and some hilarious Robot Chicken Star Wars special, and also driving around to pet shops in the Maddington area to look at cats. (I know, I know).

So this week, redoubling efforts to get life in order and trying to sleep. And ferreting out decent books to read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home