Sunday, May 27, 2012

It has been a beautiful weekend so far, and I am so glad it's not over yet. Our minimalist skyline is visible through my bedroom window and the air is so balmy even long sleeves are unnecessary. Breakfast on the balcony today was delectable. Baconless, but delectable. And don't get me started on the concentration of canine cuteness at the dog beach!

I had a good talk with L yesterday morning at the Bhodi Tree in Mt Hawthorn, a place which reminded me of that old hippy shop in Geelong...Back to Basics. And just as the whoosh of memories was about to swamp me, L said that even after all this time, and a happy marriage she feels longing for Victoria. Apparently the cafe in Country Road in the city is redolent with Melbourney feeling.

After our tea I walked around the shop, slowly savouring having a free Banana-weekend to do whatever I wanted and then drove home, blaring Greenday and smiling.
And so it went, shopping, washing, cleaning and all the while I was okay in my head. I didn't need constant outside stimulation. In fact, when I sunk into my bath in the late afternoon I didn't even read. Frank Moorhouse lay wet spattered on the tiles and i just looked at the ceiling and thought. I am okay.

Then risotto, a film, a manicure, a welcome visitor and suddenly it was Sunday. Now the Blackcurrants are threatening me with a bike ride so I thought I'd write in case I don't make it back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home