Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Home

Dorothy was right.

The rest of the European adventure was just that: a massive adventure, an emotional rollercoaster, a wild dip into memories and the past infused with lots and lots of love.
But I am glad to be home.

I am at work, so writing in detail about the trip will have to wait, but I read an interesting take on depression and guilt this morning in the Age, and thought i would share a quote that I feel is relevant:

It is this "terror of individuation, of difference, of being alone" that drives so many of us to make those "silent retreats" and what better way than with booze or drugs or chocolate cake, wanking or work?

And whilst I am in a very happy bubble at the moment, full of fine words and safe thoughts and zizzing excitement, I understand where the author is coming from. So much easier to hide behind an externally induced self-loathing than face what's really wrong.

It's a beautiful, crispy day and i have had days and nights of absolute bliss since I've been back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home