Sunday, June 17, 2012

I found the previous bit of writing flulff in one of the bags I had packed from M's house - still full and reeking of 'home' that I didn't feel ready to unpack for some time. But I've felt increasinlgy ready. And everything is unpacked now, and I felt fine looking at old words and remembering.
March was hot this year. Clothes-cumbersome unneccessary hot, and I loved it. He bought me a banana lounge for Christmas, and it became my staple position, half sticking out from under the patio roof, legs browning until I couldn't bear it anymore.

There were some upsets this weekend, but not too severe.

Friday was for romance. And for being treated like a lady and I loved it. When was the last time I had a taxi door held open for me? Or had help putting my coat on? It was a twinkling, warm and close night, and I cherish it.

Yet despite the beautiful Friday night, I woke quite lethargic and heavy on Saturday. N and I drank a slow coffee and did round the house stuff before we went to North Beach for our hot stone massages. While she had hers I libraried, and then she shopped while I was under the hands of this wonderful talented woman. I may have drifted off into a snuffly pug-noise-making sleep towards the end but I didn't care.
Afterwards we had lunch at Yelo, in the blustery, almost open cafe with the whole grand ocean before our eyes.

In the evening, Bruce and Kaz came over for dinner, I made Mrs Ed's special hazelnut and coffee cake and we had a grand time. Until I felt like my eyes were closing involuntarily and I made it upstairs and crawled into bed. I slept the sleep of the perfect, or the innocent or whatever and woke without an alarm at 9am. I lazed, marvelling at the sun-touched day, stretching, feeling good. And then I got a text.

Now, as an avowed and passionate carnivore I love pork. But the picture of the small beast I had fed for a week splayed on the spit roast did bad things to my mind and my mood plummeted. I don't think M meant bad by it, but I felt the day sort of caving in, so instead of letting it do that, I went for a run.

Music in my ears, heart rate monitor strapped on, I ran from the edge of the City Beach car park to the corner of Karrinyup Road and back. And oh on the way back it was hard. I struggled and my legs screamed but then the Blackcurrants rode up behind me and I received a massive extra surge of energy "Home stretch baby!" and must have run the last 2kms with a silly smile on my face.

A shower at home and some skyping, some writing, and a carpet picnic with my famous eggplant dip, crudites, and oh my god the best damn wedges I think I've ever made. Oh, and Miami Vice.

Today is a good day. Gym in the morning, an alarm activation giving two of the security guys an eyeful of my knicker-clad-bum in the changeroom, painting first thing at work, and outside, all shiny and beautiful. Perth is resplendent in light once again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home