Thursday, March 20, 2008

gone

Last night while B and I slept the sleep of the innocent (and it was innocent, the only thing I dreamed was that I got an email from GGS about our 10 year reunion- which I did in reality too)...someone found our door unlocked (yet we always always lock it) and took my laptop, a stack of cash from my wallet, including all my change, yet leaving my credit card, took B's bass guitar, his jacket with his wallet and keys inside, and a pair of his Levi's with a pair of his dirty underpants scrunched up inside.

It's been a shitty day. Naturally, no insurance and of course the police can't do a thing. They were very polite, and patient but there's nothing they can do. The locksmith charged us 30 thousand forint, and my new laptop, which is beautiful cost 330,000.

Aside from financial loss, and not to mention the photos on the laptop, including the nudie ones which certainly no thief deserves to see, it's the invasion of privacy. Someone coming into our home, while we're in the next room, and touches and takes our things. I''m not happy tonight.

All our friends and mum have been lovely, rallying around and offering any kind of support possible, plus Livia, her sister Emese and I had our first English conversation class and it went rather well. But now I have all of this week's work to make up in a day, but then it's Easter and we're going to Szekesfehervar and the world will turn right again.

Perhaps I should be feeling lucky that I had this money set aside, and was able to buy a laptop. Feel lucky that nothing happened to us. And in the morning it will all be better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home