Saturday, March 08, 2008

How fast?

is time whizzing past?

So, despite my now unfamiliar feeling hangover on Friday, on the trolley in the morning I felt ridiculously happy. Budapest showed her good side, there was sunshine that felt like fresh paint.
Last day at work was familiarly bittersweet, but good. Greg bought oodles of fruit for us silly dietists :)

But the best part of the day came when I got home and opened the door to find B had put up a shelf in the kitchen for our spices and my recipe books, and bought a wok, and written me a note saying "Surprise! For your last day at work!" More than sweet. And for women's day he drew flowers on my desktop :)

We helped Szabi move yesterday - when I say helped, mean I tried to make headway in their kitchen which smelled of sour milk and boys. Really really gross. The new place is in Zuglo, not too far away, but in a high rise, 5th floor with a girl he only met 3 weeks ago. I like her but I can't help but wonder how long until we help him move again.

The beauty I saw all around on Friday has dissipated somewhat, with the rain and the pigeons and the dogshit. Today there's some work to be done, and I'm going over to mum's for a cup of tea (and the tulip Szabi got me for women's day) and we'll go for a run with B and then tomorrow starts the first week of 'freelance' life I guess.

But I suppose the biggest news of all is that last night I watched my first Star Wars film with B. Not as harrowingly shit as I had feared, in fact it was entertaining, save for that know it all gold robot guy. And the wookie...now the wookie is gorgeous...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home