Thursday, March 06, 2008

Ouch

I fell into bed last night - i guess you could say I was (in)elegantly wasted - but not before B could make the point that I should have called the way I went off at him for not calling that other time (when he came home at quarter to five). I don't like sleeping apart like this, though I'll be honest I woke up in the same position in which I fell asleep.
Em wrote, day before yesterday and her letter was full to brimming with her trademark softness, and optimism and hope. It was a tough letter to read though- Aunt Robin died last year and Belinda was diagnosed with cancer, yet Emily writes lines full of thankfulness for the world. I treasure her.

Last night was the Australian get together and yes, I broke the diet and had wine. Evidently much more than just one glass and boy do I feel like shit today, but in a way it was worth it. I could feel homesickness all over my skin, like a ferret in my jacket, but I met a wildly interesting Australian-Hungarian woman, and we may be meeting for coffee later on.

I talked to Greg for a while as well, and he told me stories of when he used to live in Broome, back when it wasn't such a tourist trap. I long for home.

So today is my last day (again) at the Embassy, and Laci is on his way back to Vienna tonight too, so the visa section will be back to its usual two people, shiny new :)

Coffee. Coat. Trolley bus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home