Thursday, February 19, 2009

employment... how much it means

This morning at around seven, when the sun was only just spreading her dear smooth finers over this corder of the earth, those good citizens of Lynwood who were awake may have heard me trotting home from the gym, calling out German phrases.
Those who understand German would have heard snippets like "yes, I would like to eat something with you but later. Much later"
It is a fantastic morning.

I have written nothing in the last few weeks because I really have been lodged firmly under a frog's arse down a coalmine and just generally realyl unhappy about how long it was taking me to find work. I had a couple of really hopeful interviews that were knocked back in the end, and the money was just running out far too fast. Work from London also wasn't as torrential as usual.
So, no words, no contact with anyone, I just became an absolute whizz housewife- doing everything to keep myself and my mind busy.

The gymming has been wonderful, and I hate to sound like a freak, but ohmygod those body Pump classes are the mutt's nuts. They rock! And I rock too :-)

So yesterday, I got a job. For now it's a two month assignment, as a PA at the Water Corp in Leederville. The people I have so far met there couldn't be nicer. I am unbelievably happy.
So today, in my last 'free' day I have a list as long as my arm of things I want to do.
A Pump class at 6am was the perfect way to start, so here I come world :-)

...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home