Saturday, January 10, 2009

Island Life

Yesterday was a slow day- but in the best possible way. I met Manna for lunch, and by this time Melbourne had put on her summer coat. We sat at a cafe on Southbank and ate hearty Mediterranean food and drank a lovely white from the Margaret River region.
Then we sauntered around for a little while, wheezing at how full we were, but still managed a bit of ice-cream from what-used-to-be-Charmaine's.
Mans bought me a fair dinkum LouisVuitton wallet and two lovely books, and then I came home, and decided against doing any more work.
That's for today.
B and I decided to get out of the house in the evening, as Jill was having people over for drinks. We had dinner on the Southbank (it was just that kind of day) and then met VC to watch the film "Yes Man" with Jim Carrey- a good, empty-head film . This morning will be all about work- there is much to do before we take off on Thursday morning.

I had written Sach an email a couple days ago, just checking in, as they say. And this morning he wrote (of course without having read my email, he wrote because I entered his head at the same time) and also uploaded four songs on YouTube. It was breathtaking hearing that voice again. And Island Life is such a beautiful, familiar song. It happens to be the perfect way to start my busy Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home