Friday, January 09, 2009

Beautiful

I am, apparently.
Last night when I was walking up little bourke street to catch a tram to Brunswick, this guy was sitting on the window sill of the hostel and he said quietly as I walked by "Beautiful". Now I wasn't wearing anything spectacular- in fact it was just my uniform of golf punk jeans and white target singlet, because they seem to be the only things that fit anymore. Nevermind, I looked back at him and he shrugged his shoulders as if to say "I'm just saying it like I see it". I walked to the tramstop with a huge smile on my face.

But yesterday was beautiful in many other ways as well. I went to the gym in the morning, to meet Dan and work-out, but Dan overslept, which is fine, because I know I am pretty uniquely strange in my morningness, but bless him he sent three texts to apologise. In the end it was fine because at least I hauled my arse down to the gym, which is the main thing.

Then I went to Geelong. And it was good. Margo overfed me, but I didn't even mind so much this time. And when dad was on his way to work, he dropped me at Peter's house and I finally got to meet his wife and three amazing kids. That whole family looks like they should be in a catalogue. The children are absolutely beautiful. We drank home-brewed beer (the adults only) which was delicious, and I really enjoyed the ease with which we all hung out.

When Pete dropped me at the station, I had a few minutes to wait before my train, so I thought now or never, and I called Ty. It was unbelievable. We laughed with ease at how we had changed, and yet not changed at all. I'm going to write to him, a proper letter through the post, and I'm so excited that we're back in touch again.

In the evening, as I mentioned I went to Brunswick for J's birthday drinks. And when I stepped into the Brunswick Green, of course I saw J and Jules and D etc, but Chrissie was there. Wonderful, effervescent, optimistic Chrissie. We squealed and hugged and squealed and hugged some more, and the whole evening was another re-affirmation of how much I love being back.
I didn't think I'd had that much to drink, but in the morning I noted a photo on my camera of me kissing Ronald McDonald. Enough said.

...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home