Monday, November 24, 2008

You and me in the summertime...

After the rather successful Sunday Dinner for 17 that VagueCraig and I whipped up, Balint finally arrived yesterday morning, 3 hours late after missing a connection in Singapore due to repairs.
It was (is) strange seeing him in Melbourne. I can't quite grasp yet that he's here.

Yesterday was spent in a haze of fatigue - we went out for a late breakfast and a coffee with VC and then wandered around the City looking at buildings until Balint wanted to come home for a nap. It was difficult to set off again, but we managed a swagger down to the Yarra and then sushi for dinner and by 9pm we were tucked up in bed.

Today both of us woke reasonably rested and after some serious faffing around, went to Fed square and then to the Queen Vic to buy food for dinner tonight (B is making lecso for Timea and Keir).
Every step of the way (and I'm certain the blazing sunshine helped with this) I was pummeled by the feeling of being home. I know how to operate here, I feel comfortable.
Hopefully the weather will stabilise and we shall have many more days like this...

...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home