Tuesday, January 06, 2009

No name yet

For my new Holden Commodore!!! Okay, I know I am as excited as a 17 year old boy, but I can't help myself. Shopping for cars is about 8 million times more fun than shopping for anything else, except perhaps food. The possibilities...

So we set off: Dad, Margo, Balint and I down along Thomson Road. The first place we stopped, we saw a silver Holden that grabbed at me, and although a cherry red one had less mileage and was younger, the memory of that silver one followed me to four other car-yards. I only saw one Toyota that I would consider, so with the silver Holden and this white Toyota on my list, we swung back to Corio to pick up the mechanic who would check them out. Well, suffice it to say we never made it back to the Toyota. My new car doesn't yet have a name, but Balint and I took it out to Daylesford yesterday and for a cruise around those beautiful back roads behind Geelong and it drives like a dream. A sexy, fast-yet-safe-feeling, zippy, big dream.

The time at Dad's passed really happily this time, and on Monday night I went for a couple of beers with Peter Philips. The mountain of memories was huge. It was really really great to catch up, again, as with Macca, to revisit old places and also to catch up on news.

Then on Tuesday morning when I was taking the new car to UltraTune.... I stuck my head around the door to the place where all the cars are worked on and called out Hello... this guy starts walking towards me and I think he recognised me before I recognised him:
Anna?

...

Andrew? McKee? The world has shrunk so much. And as I watched him move around, and work I knew that I could never mistake that gait he has. Really all in all it was a wonderful two days.

Today, it's workworkworkwork, but not before a good sweaty work-out! :)
Away

...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home