Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My neighbour has a Holden

I know, I have one too, but I want to write about his for a minute...

It's not yet 7am, and this happens every morning, and I am stupidly excited by it.
As the dawn cracks orange on the horizon, I hear him start up his car. I am usually in the kitchen at this time, unscrewing the coffee machine, or making porridge. And his car is loud. I hear him rev the engine, sit there in the parking lot for a while, and in my environmentally unfriendly soul the sound thrills me.
Only this morning though, did I realise how bloody loud that thing is. I'm at the other end of the house, on the far side of the building from the parking lot. And I noticed the leaves on the tree outside start to rattle. A sound like thunder filled the room. And it was my neighbour's Holden.
It's unfortunate, that such a petrol guzzling, nature-hurting beast can excite me so, but it does. The same as my own car does.

Anyway, it's early, I'm cold, the coffee hasn't kicked in, and I thought waxing lyrical about V8 engines would be a good mini break from analysis.

...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home