Thursday, October 15, 2009

The walk home in the mellow afternoon sun was punctured with the scent of lilac and put me in mind of large breasted women with soft bellies. It was a sensuous walk - the air was just full of sex, I can't think how else to describe it. Sun warmed skin, touch and smell.


We're just back from City Beach - VCraig and I did a bloody good job with the salad, and we had kangaroo and lamb and I met two of Craig's friends, Caroline and Emily, who are beautiful and so easy to get along with. I left with a phone number stuffed into my pocket. Friends?

We cooked in the gathering dusk, and then ate in the night dark, soft and littered with splinters from the spotlight, seagulls careening overhead. Crash of waves and whisper of voices. Only half listening, I did hear Craig say something like "I love this place"...did I just imagine it?

A beautiful night, full of promise and warmth.

A humourous moment today, in one of the most awful moments.
Dale is in hospital after being knocked off his bike at a crossroads. He is at the Alfred, and he called, because he thought he had seen Manna.
"Does Manna still hate me?"
Remembering the post London time when Manna and Sarah protected me like a moat, hating what hurt me, even if it wasn't his fault. That feeling lingered, like a nasty fart.
Five minutes later, Manna called me.
"Do you know someone called Dale Hooper?"
"Do you still hate him Manna?"
"What???"

They spoke for over half an hour and then Manna called me back, saying she had gone to him to apologise. Sorted. Small, beautiful, aching world - I love it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home