Friday, September 10, 2010

My jeans pockets and my socks are full of white sand.

Geelong won the semi final against the Dockers. And I'm sorry Freo fans, but WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHH! It's an awesome thing. Awesome enough to take your top off in almostpublic! Go Cats!

Today was a beautiful day. Both at work and after. Not too sure what it's going to be like now, but until now it has been pure bliss. Even the bits where we talked about imperfections, and am I settling, and what am I settling for?
What is it about rednecks?

I was truthful when we were sitting on the sand and I said I don't need any more than this. The wide Indian Ocean, the sinking sun in the west. Seriously, what more could you need?
Wanting is another thing entirely, of course. But this is where I am happy.

We were talking with V at work today, about 'wild' and 'gamey' things we had eaten...and we were all listing things like crocodile, and goanna, and venison and turtle...and then V said, very bravely: "I've eaten duck". I could have kissed her.

So, a Geelong drenched night. A belonging. A beautiful day.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A place to come back to, get your bearings :)

6:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home