Monday, October 08, 2012

Atticus Finch

It's easy to forget sometimes that I approach everything from my own perspective. I should try and remember what Atticus said to Scout in To Kill a Mockingbird

You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it.

and try and see situations from someone else's point of view. I'm much better today, and trying to be present in the moment.

Perth is spectacular outside today, blazing sunshine and temperature up around the Anna-approved level.

That also reminded me of Rob Grady in the old house in Freo, reading from Betty's To Kill a Mockingbird in Hungarian and then coming in to the kitchen and reciting to me what he remembered:

"Nem, nem hagylak itt" (No, no I won't leave you here)
It became one of our favourite quotes in that happy little house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home