Monday, October 16, 2006

Manor House

It seems I will always hold a special place in my heart for Eade Road. The weekend was quite extraordinary.
After a slow start on Saturday morning, I took various buses to Kentish Town and found Vinum where the Breast Cancer fundraiser was happening. I found Nina in the loo getting ready and met the photographers who were all lovely. Luisa, the co-organiser, reminded me utterly of Claudia. I really can't wait to see her.
I was first up to get my kit off and flash the boobs, and I was surprised at how great it felt. Of course it made a huge difference that the photographer, Naomi, was female and really put me at ease. We took photos with a big red coat, with a peacock feather, and with just me, and my boobs on our own. Great fun.
For the poetry reading, I was going to sit on the bar, but then opted for a bar stool just in front of the stage. I was nervous- but got really lovely reactions. Luisa even said she'd consider putting some of the poems on the calendar (Holy Tetta 2007). I met Nina's boyfriend Steve, and a handful of lovely people.
I left around eight to meet Claire, Jolene and the others (whom I didn't know) at Tottenham Ct Road for Claire's hen night.
We went to Hakkasan- surely the fanciest restaurant I've ever been to. Claire wasn't even allowed to wear her flashing tiara. We had champagne and some incredibly prepared Chinese food- by which time Claire was well on the up, so Joels and I decided to drop too. Oh those old familiar feelings.
We were all happy and woozy and huggy on the busride home, because we decided that instead of Fabric, we would go back to the Manor and dance there. So, up in Murray and Claire's little attic room, eight of us went crazy. It was wonderful. Muz came home, a little pissed and groped to his heart's content, but even that was okay. We rugged up in the fake fur smoking coats that hang in the hallway and smoked int eh backyard, then lazed in the lounge, before going backupstairs, and finally, after five in the morning, falling into bed.
I left sometime around 9 and got back to Tooting two hours later, tired, but reasonably happy.
I spent the day in bed with Bill Bryson, cups of tea and warming soup. I slept quite a bit and this morning I wasn't too dead when the alarm went at 5.40.
The gap in my being left by G doesn't seem to be shrinking. Perhaps I am impatient?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home