Wednesday, November 01, 2006

It's all saint's day today. If I was in Budapest, I'd go out and light a candle for Adam. He was, in many ways, the perfect gentleman. And I'd light a candle for Betty, and hope that the sun of the west warms her through today.
I don't know what the atmosphere is like in Budapest- cold has arrived, i know that from mum, but what the political atmosphere is, I don't know. I hope that at least for today, at least on such a day that is non-political nor party specific, people can set anger aside. (I'm starting to sound wanky, I know).
I've been reading news sites and blogs about police brutality, and trying to help by providing translations, because what else can I do? It hurts that I am here when I feel like my place would be at 'home'- . I read a beautiful thing on Winterson's website yesterday. "Nothing done with a good heart is wasted"
On Saturday, there is to be a silent march, a commemoration of when the Russians returned, full force. I only hope that nothing violent will happen this time.
It was Gareth's birthday yesterday- no word.

And time wisps into memories we won't even remember in a year's time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home