Thursday, March 27, 2008

Fresh

Considering my fluctuating relationship with Budapest of late, it was truly wonderful curving over the Petofi bridge yesterday. It felt good to be 'home'.
We both had work to finish, but not before we revelled in the luxury of having each other to each other in our own space, and no outside frustrations to interfere. Silly as it sounds, I still feel giddy when I see his fist curled under his chin as he sleeps...

In the evening we started watching There Will Be Blood, but it's a long and slow film, and I couldn't stop myself from hearing noises in the night, thinking it was someone at the door or something. There is a huge dent in my feeling of safety here, and it's a horrible feeling.
I slept fitfully and not too much, but when I woke at 6 to get ready to meet Gabor at 6.30 I was in great spirits.

Our two hours at his offices at HP were productive, it is obvious that with these conversation çlasses' he is gaining confidence in speaking English. And afterwards I had a very chilly walk along the Korut from Blaha to the market, buying chick peas and sesame seeds, as well as Rowse Australian honey, hibiscus tea and a bottle of shiny red nail polish!

I'm just finishing up the last of my work for this week, and then cooking lunch - honey and lemon chicken with a big salad - ... and a thin sunshine is seeping through my curtains as I squint at the screen, and I'm feeling good :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home