Monday, March 31, 2008

Jutka called me this morning, the receptionist at the embassy is off sick this week, so that'll pay this month's rent :)


I saw film called Hallam Foe yesterday, a not very light Scottish film. It was enjoyable though and occupied my mind for an hour or so, and oh those visions and memories of Edinburgh! there has been so much beauty.


B met me afterwards and we were civil, or rather I mean that we didn't broach the topic of the day, so I didn't ask him how his day was and he didn't ask about mine. It was only mentioned when he said there would be a hiking trip on 19th did I want to go, and I said after today's shenanigans, and if the organisation is the same then I think not. We didn't mention it again, though neither of us slept until about 2am.


There is sunshine today, and I've started my week's work (am going to the embassy after lunch) so I shouldn't have too many late nights this week.
Also, I'm toying with the idea of taking mum to Paris again this year. As much for her as for me. In Szekesfehervar I had a dream that we were back there and for a couple of days it was so alive in me.

Earth hour: Balint and I realised ten minutes later, but we kept lights and machines off till 9.15. We lay in bed by a flickering candle, and I tried to remember all the verses to the Ballad of the Drover. It was an interesting, quiet time, because as we talked, and something came up that we didn't know, we didn't just 'go and google it'....goodness, what did we do before the internet?
But I'm glad we did it, and I'm glad lots of people around the world did it. Pictures of the Harbour Bridge, and of the Golden Gate are truly heartwarming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home