Saturday, November 07, 2009

Why do they always play sad Italian songs as the cool-down/stretch track at the end of body pump classes? With all those damn endorphins zipping around anyone would be moved to tears at the sound of bocelli. Right?
So yesterday morning started quite tearfully anyway...

Betty called as I was dropping B at work to say that she had 'things' to talk about with Pete and could we skip the shopping. Litte stones settled in my belly.
But later as I was paying for my hideous, but inexpensive sensible shoes (BLACK) she called again to say they'd come over with the scissors.
So I am a new woman after all.

We spend much of the day together, in a comfortable family way, with Pete asleep on the sofa, drooling on the pillow and Betty and I sitting on the floor, drinking a rather too sweet York shiraz and talking. I long for some girly time though, there seems so much to talk about.

At about five, I took them to the Herdsman, where the parking lady helpfully herded me in next to a Maserati. I wasn't impressed by how it looked, only by its expense and even compared to my usual low standards, I parked really badly. At home I marinated the lamb, put the little kipflers in to roast and then raced off to salute the ocean (not that kind of salute). I had only enough time to go down to the water's edge and take a few deep breaths, but it was enough in my fragile little day.

B's reaction was 'wow' when he got in the car, but later he reconsidered and said it was 'strange'. I'm hoping strange in a good way. In any case, I'm pleased with the new look.

Before dinner I had a half hour talk with Mum... Laci and Gyongyi are getting divorced. It's about time, I know that, but I hope it doesn't send Laci into an even worse place than before. Both children on both sides of my family (children meaning mum dad and siblings) are divorced. Some several times. Is it just bad choices we make?
Pete and Betty talked about the cultural differences between B and I - and I see them (and breathe them and rail against them) but I don't know what to do about it.

This morning some work, then a good yoga/taichi/pilates hour and then hopefully another day with the family by some barbecue somewhere.

...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home