Sunday, December 20, 2009

Blessed

I have to stop bitching about Christmas.

I have had the most beautiful few days, and people's kindness continues to amaze me.
On Thursday was the Christmas party at Mt Eliza, where much champagne was consumed. A happy bunch of us continued on at a couple of pubs in the city and I was reminded of what it feels like to go out. Good feeling. We also happened to bump into Joe's lovely wife, and I hope we can all get together for food (quelle surprise) at some point.

Then I went home and there were mega fireworks and much was said that shouldn't have been. By the grace of some guardian angels I made it to Freo and the big, empty house, and from that moment my weekend of bliss began.

On Friday I worked only half a day, my head couldn't cope with more, but I did some lazy shopping and marinated what should have been a great roast, but in my excitement I ended up taking it out of the oven far too soon.

On Saturday I had some help in getting my Learner Log Book signed off - and I bless M for his patience with that. We must have driven to six different places before we found somewhere with a JP. Then he dropped me at Pete and Betty's and I finally had some quality time with Pete when the two of us went to BCF and then to pick up the Delica from the mechanic's. I'm always so touched when Pete lets me drive his car. It means my skills have been approved.

Then back at the Lynwood Lodge we started drinking and Pete introduced me to Strongbow and Galliano. It sounds disgusting, but it went down a treat. Probably a little too well, because by about 8pm we were onto the German pop music.

After an early cooking session on the barbecue with the eggplants, I had some happy Anna hours to myself before M picked me up and we went to Hilary's and also drove around Padbury looking at houses I will never afford. Oh but the Pinnaroo Memorial Park- the kangaroos... so damn cute.

Pete and Betty came to dinner in the evening, and it was all very civilized and delicious and this morning Betty even came in to share coffee on the balcony, and look at the view and gossip.

So the reason I must stop bitching about Christmas, and why I am blessed have been small things that happened at work today. I came back from lunch to find a card and a box of chocolates from Steve, my boss of only two weeks. When I went to thank him, he said he thought it would be nice to do something because he knew I didn't have family here.
And earlier in the day Harry came up to see me. He said he's worried about me, and that he just wanted to make sure everything is okay. Then he sent me his number at home, and said although he knows I've probably got everything under control, he felt better if I had the number for emergencies.


I think this is my best Monday in months.

And the motorbike rider this morning, with the number plate "Prancer" and the bike kitted out like a raindeer...gold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home