Tuesday, December 22, 2009

What makes me happy

Having my P plates; being able to drive along not keeping an eye out for police cars, like this morning, in a beautiful morning, listening too loud to Bon Jovi, singing at the top of my voice.

Long empty roads...driving (holdens?)

Mornings make me happy.

The warm sea breeze that hit me with its glorious salty smell last night when I got off the bus, still buzzing a little with champagne, head full of pink lights and happy thoughts.

Being in Freo, feeling like I had never really left (in my heart I never really did).
Belonging makes me happy.

Sand underfoot makes me happy, just as being barefoot (almost) all the time

The kindness of strangers, and their unforgettable and unexpected gestures that suddenly catapult them into the friend sphere.

Safe friends make me happy.

People who smile back make me happy.
Summer.

Being loved makes me happy, and being free to love too.

Tim Tams and barbecues and laughing and hugs...

breathtaking new views, and dearly familiar ones.

cooking and baking and creating...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Christmas panic is starting to hit - I'm dinnering with Sandy and Paul, Mel and Ross and a multitude of beautiful children tonight- no mince pies made, no eggplant roasted, so I've got things to do and no time to do them... but I'm trying to keep the tide of panic at bay.

It is another beautiful day - there was some violent wind action last night, but still I slept the sleep of the licenced, happy and legal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home