Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Ladies

Yesterday was a female day.

I picked up my new Camry from Carine, and very distinctly felt that she is a woman, quite different from the masculine feeling of driving the Commodore. So naming will be a bit more difficult. She drives beautifully. Is large and safe-making. And I had that feeling again, of just wanting to drive drive drive. But I had plans already for the evening.

Betty and Eszti were coming over with bubbles to celebrate the newness of the apartment, the car, the generally freshness of life. Later Evi came over as well, and basically the evening was spent screaming with laughter or doubled over with giggles. It was just plain, unadulterated fun.
I made hummus, and we ceremoniously smashed the wine glasses I had got from B - in a bucket, with a view to safety, of course - good riddance to bad ...

And so another day of perfect freedom begins. Dull grey and humid, peppered with echoes of crowsong and the rat-tat-tat of the retic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home