Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Discoveries

And I don't mean the egg streaked measuring cup in the cupboard, pretending that it's clean, or any of the other 'surprises' that I've found while cleaning.
I mean the vibrant-green bugs that tapped against the dark window at 11.30 yesterday, keeping me company in the long, thin night.
Or the wheeling black cockatoos that rent the morning with their cries while I ran several Jacob's ladders worth of stairs, up and down with garbage, and the microwave, and the mushroom kit.
Yesterday I bought new linen, with stars on, I felt I deserved something after the way the afternoon panned out.

When I was in the relationship, I couldn't imagine a situation where we wouldn't be civil; friendly, even. But here is that situation. Here is my vindictiveness rearing its feminine head, armed with matches and wickedness, my frustration and irritation. Ugh. Over it. And now I can't imagine a situation where we are friends once more. Not everyone can be like Dale.

But the anger is (mostly) gone now, and I am home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home