Monday, June 15, 2009

beautiful days

These days past have been ones of splendour and rejoicing.
Finally a weekend where I didn't have so much work.

On Friday I had lunch with dear old Jeff - who hasn't changed a jot. Not aged, nor changed his outlook, and spending time was refreshing and a comfort.
Saturday morning belonged to me. I drove to karrinyup and bought house-y things. Chopsticks, red and black, and a bright yellow mug for our toothbrushes, as well as a nail buffer and polisher and baking trays and pans of different sizes.

Then I went to Lynwood, where Betty cut my hair (oh yes!!!) and there followed a small party, at which B got drunk, and we came home blissfully early, which meant I could get up just shy of 6am on Sunday and go to Karrinyup again because last time i had forgotten the strawberries. I need strawberries you see because Andreas was arriving and it was his birthday, and I had to make a cake with strawberries.

There was much cooking on Sunday, and cleaning, and taking down garbage, and it was just wonderful seeing Andreas walking down the escalators at Perth airport. It's like having a little piece of Mari here in Perth, and it's a wonderful feeling. It is so good (and important) to be surrounded by people who are positive, calm and make me feel harmonious with the world. Andreas gives me that Jutka feeling.

We all got an early night and I was in the office at 7am today, working like crazy because tomorrow we're going to Margaret River and i took some time off today as well.
We went to Freo, and the weather was a gift, and we strolled under flame trees pregnant with flower. The whole city was buzzing with an early winter zizz and i just couldn't keep the smile off my face.

I've topped the evening off reading some poems from Jeanette Winterson's web site and now we're about to go to dinner at the Irish pub next door...name escapes me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home