Friday, November 13, 2009

Domestic

After pump this morning, planned the weekly menu (otherwise known as military planning to win the lard wars) and then after I dropped B at work, I (shock horror shame) turned into the carpark at Supre and thought I'd have a little look around. Also had to buy el cheapo sunglasses because I don't know where mine could be...
The range was staggering, but also alerted me to the fact that I am no longer 17, and, actually I'm glad I'm no longer 17. Really glad. Screaming-neon-leopard-print glad.
I bought a pair of sunnies and a little 'just chuck on anytime' dress and then sped out of there, towards Bunnings, and the adult world.

A note: I really really need to learn to park.

Two large canvasses, some sandpaper blocks and fire-engine red paint later, I headed to Coles. And I got a free neck and shoulder massage in the isle facing the eggs. It was a pleasant and slightly weird experience, but reminded me again how important human touch is.
Now, the apartment is awash with the smell of a Mexican chocolate tart, which has almost been ruined by my sub-standard cake tin, that doesn't seal properly, so chocolatey goodness is oozing out into the tray below. Very disappointing, but the proper cake tin at the home provedore in Freo is about 80$, so, we can eat the chocolate with a spoon and leave it at that.

My pastry is in the fridge for the lemongrass, coconut and mango tart, and I am preparing one of the new canvases. It's a good Saturday so far. I don't know how it will end, to be honest I don't really feel like going to this party tonight. But, keeping the positive Banana in the foreground, I'll just go check that chocolatey goodness...

. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home